After so much success, and a few request, it’s my pleasure to share with you this Amazing recipe.
- 250g cream cheese
- 3 tbsp Icing sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 430g All-purpose flour
- 3 tsp Baking powder
- 265g Castee sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 125g Butter (room temp)
- 375ml Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt or Sour Cream
- 125ml Vegetable Oil (ONLY VEGETABLE OIL- cannot be substituted with olive or other oils)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups of Frozen Raspberries (200g bag from Coles or Woolworth is more than enough)
Any buttercream recipe will do but this is mine (I only used half for this CupCake recipe)
- 375g Unsalted butter (room temp)
- 840g Soft icing sugar, sifted
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 80ml milk.
- Raspberry confectionery flavouring
- Preheat oven to 180c (fan forced oven) and line 24 cupcake liners
- Cheesecake filling: Add all ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix until smooth. Cover and set aside.
- Cupcakes: In a standard mixing bowl with paddle attachment combine all dry ingredients.
- Using a spoon/ spatula/ anything similar mix dry ingredients until combined then add the butter. The mixture should resemble a sand like texture *use a tea towel over the mixture to prevent the dry ingredients going everywhere.
- Combine the milk, eggs, yoghurt/ sour cream, oil and vanilla extract in a jug and whisk well to combine.
- Slowly add this to the dry ingredients scraping down the like of the bowl as necessary.
- Add about a tbsp (I used approx 4 raspberries) at the base of each cupcake liner
- Scoop the cupcake batter into each liner filling it 3/4 of the way
- Add 1 tbsp of cream cheese filling to the top of each cupcake and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the cupcakes are cooking prepare the Buttercream frosting.
- Using a standard mixing bowl, beat the butter until it turns white (6-10 minutes)
- Gradually beat in the icing sugar until smooth and creamy- scraping down the bowl as necessary.
- Add vanilla extract and beat to combine.
- Add milk- all the milk might not be necessary (I sometimes only use half- depends on the consistency I desire)
- Frosting the cupcakes- using a disposable bag insert the desired tip for the design you want for your cupcakes. I used a star tip.
- Using a quarter of the buttercream, add 2 tsp of Raspberry flavouring ( or red food colour)
- Scrap this down one side of the bag (this will create the two toned colour I achieved on the cupcakes)
- Add the rest of the buttercream.
- Pipe your cupcake in a swirl.
I sourced this recipe from The Scran Line (link below) I have made a few modifications to make these CupCakes my own.
The Buttercream recipe is sourced from Paris Culter ‘Planet Cakes’.