Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog/ recipe page!
I know it has been a while since my last post and I apologise for that however, to make up for my lapse in time I had made these delicious Double Choc Chip Cookies!
These cookies are quick, simple, easy and great for that sweet little treat inbetween meals- but don’t eat to many!
- 170g butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg and 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Instant espresso powder
- 1 tsp Bicarb soda
- 2 tsp Corn flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Flour
- 3/4 cup Dark Choc Chips
- 1/2 cup White Choc Chips
- In a standard mixing bowl with paddle attachment cream together the butter, brown sugar and caster sugar.
- Add in the vanilla extract, espresso, egg and egg yolk.
- In a separate bowl combine the bicarb, corn flour, salt and flour. Slowly add this to the wet mixture
- Combine until a soft dough forms.
- Fold in choc chips.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours (anywhere between 2 hours to overnight)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Using your hands, or a tablespoon, make balls from the dough and place evenly on the two trays leaving 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes.
This recipe will make approximately 24 cookies depending on how big your cookie balls are. Remember- the bigger the balls the more room you need to leave inbetween each cookie.
Original Recipe idea was from http://thedomesticrebel.com/. Bindi’s Cake Decorating has changed a few ingredients from the original.