In preparation for another YouTube video I’m going to share my Beetroot and Chocolate CupCakes recipe!
Round 2 of these Cupcakes worked out better and tasted 100% better. In my last post (about 4 months ago) I rated these Cupcakes a 9 out of 10 because the taste of Beetroot was to strong. Well haven’t times changed. A definite 10 out of 10, I loved the Cupcakes this time around. The recipe did not change so I guess it all came down to the quality of the Beetroot
- 3 Beetroot bulbs
- 265g Self-raising flour
- 30g Cocoa powder
- 1 Tsp mixed spice
- 200g (firmly packed) brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 180g Butter, melted
- 150g Dark Chocolate
- 2 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 375g Unsalted butter (room temp)
- 840g Soft icing sugar, sifted
- 3 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 80ml Milk
- 100g Dark chocolate, melted
- 100g Cocoa powder.
- Preheat oven to 180c (fan forced oven) and line 20 cupcake liners
- Finely grate the Beetroot (this step is timely aprox 5 mins per beetroot)
- In a standard mixing bowl with paddle attachment add sifted flour, cocoa powder and mixed spices.
- Stir in the sugar
- To the bowl add the grated Beetroot, eggs (slightly beaten) and butter. Stir until just combined
- Add the melted chocolate and vanilla extract. Stir until just combined
- Scoop the cupcake batter into each liner filling it 3/4 of the way.
- Bake Cupcakes for 20 minutes
- While the cupcakes are cooking prepare the Chocolate Buttercream
- Using a standard mixing bowl, beat the butter until it turns white (6-10 minutes)
- Gradually beat in the sifted icing sugar until smooth and creamy- scraping down the bowl as necessary.
- Add vanilla extract and beat to combine
- Add milk- to achieve desired consistency.
- Add Cocoa powder and stir to combine
- Add melted chocolate and stir to combine.
- Frosting the cupcakes- using a disposable bag insert the desired top for the design you want for your cupcakes. I used a star tip.
- Add buttercream to the bag and pipe onto your cupcake in a swirl.