Trying out a new recipe following on from the Mini Matcha Cheesecakes I created earlier this year.
I love making Mini Cakes- not just because they look great- but because when it comes to eating them you’ve got your own little bite sized portion which is easier to eat, hold and in general a lot cleaner than cutting off a slice of cake.
– And when I say they look great I mean it. Look at my amazing cakes (not to self gloat) but they look great. Couldn’t be happier on how they turned out
Video Tutorial can be found at Mini Brownie Butter Cakes How to Tutorial (click the link)
- 140 g Dark Chocolate
- 50 g Butter
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Plain Flour
- 120 g Butter
- 100 g or 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 1/2 tbls Milk
- Preheat Oven to 170 degrees Fan Forced and lightly grease a muffin pan
- Melt the Chocolate and Butter over a Bain Marie
- Remove from heat, cool slightly and then add the brown sugar
- Mix to combine
- Add egg and mix straight away ensuring that the heat from the chocolate doesn’t cook then egg.
- Fold in the flour until combined
- Using a spoon add the brownie mixture into the bottom of all the muffin pans.
- Bake for 5 minutes
- Increase the temperature of the oven to 180 degrees
- In a standard mixing bowl with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition
- Combine the sifted flower and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Alternating between the flower mixture and the milk, add this to the butter mixture. Folding into the mixture- do not over beat
- Add a tsp of butter batter mixture on top of the brownies
- Bake for 15 minutes