Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog/ recipe page!
I know it has been a while since my last post and I apologise for that however, to make up for my lapse in time I had made these delicious Double Choc Chip Cookies!
These cookies are quick, simple, easy and great for that sweet little treat inbetween meals- but don’t eat to many!
- 170g butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg and 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Instant espresso powder
- 1 tsp Bicarb soda
- 2 tsp Corn flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Flour
- 3/4 cup Dark Choc Chips
- 1/2 cup White Choc Chips
- In a standard mixing bowl with paddle attachment cream together the butter, brown sugar and caster sugar.
- Add in the vanilla extract, espresso, egg and egg yolk.
- In a separate bowl combine the bicarb, corn flour, salt and flour. Slowly add this to the wet mixture
- Combine until a soft dough forms.
- Fold in choc chips.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours (anywhere between 2 hours to overnight)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Using your hands, or a tablespoon, make balls from the dough and place evenly on the two trays leaving 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes.
This recipe will make approximately 24 cookies depending on how big your cookie balls are. Remember- the bigger the balls the more room you need to leave inbetween each cookie.
So a couple of weeks ago I made these delicious gooey cookies!
As we all know lemons are in season and instead of making the traditional lemon meringue I decided to think outside the box and make some lemon cookies.
I didn’t want just any lemon cookies though. I wanted something gooey, sweet and delicious- a cookie that would tastes like a lemon slice almost.
The recipe that I am sharing with you below is exactly that! A cookie that tastes like a lemon slice! It takes roughly the same amount of time to make as a lemon slice but they’re super easy to make! And an easier alternative to take to school/ work and also to those who don’t like coconut- which is traditionally found in lemon slices.
- 2 1/4 cups Plain Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 packet (225g) Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (113g) Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Caster Sugar
- 2 tbs grated Lemon Zest (approx 2 large lemons)
- 1 1/2 tsp freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 tsp yellow food colouring- gel based (I used Americolour) this is optional
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 cup Icing sugar- ideally confectioners’ sugar.
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees Fan Forced and line 3 baking trays with baking paper
- In a standard mixing bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Set aside
- In another standard mixing bowl with paddle attachment, combine cream cheese and butter
- Mix together until smooth and creamy
- Add the sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla extract, food colouring and salt.
- Mix together until light and fluffy
- Add egg and egg yolk
- Mix until combine. Increase speed to medium and mix for another 2 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture
- Scrap down the sides of the bowl when necessary- the mixture will be very sticky.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for a least 1 hour. ** mixture can remain in fridge overnight if necessary. Having a cold mixture enables it to be rolled into small balls for baking
- Place confectioners sugar in small bowl and put it next to the bowl of cookie mixture.
- Make 1 inch sized balls of dough **I used a tablespoon for sizing my mixture evenly.
- Roll the balls in the confectioners sugar-completely covering the dough
- Place on the prepared trays at least 2 inches apart
- Bake for 11-14 minutes or until the cookies have cracked. **If the cookies start to brown on the top then they have been overcooked and might be dry.
The cookies taste best when they are at room temperature or straight from the fridge.
I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as I did!!