Click below for the accompanying YouTube Tutorial
Tutorial Video on how to Make This Cheesecake
- 1/3 cup mix nuts/ unsalted peanuts (your choice)
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Thickened Cream Whipped
- 110 g Dark Chocolate
- 250 g Cream Cheese
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp Gelatine dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Thickened Cream, extra
- Roughly chop and spread peanuts onto a tray lined with baking paper
- In a saucepan combine sugar and water over a medium heat. Stir occasionally until the sugar dissolves. Leave to simmer until golden.
- Remove from heat and pour over the peanuts. Allow to cool and harden
- Set up a bain marine and combine the chocolate and cream. Stir until smooth and combined. Take off heat and allow to cool
- Beat the cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add the gelatine and peanut butter. Again beat until smooth and creamy
- Gently fold in whipped cream
- Break up the peanut brittle and add half into a food processor and crush until fine crumbs form.
- Add this brittle into the bottom of 6 glasses.
- Pipe the cheesecake mix evenly into the 6 glasses.
- Add the chocolate sauce on top and decorate with the left over peanut brittle.
It’s recipe time!
Chocolate plus mousse plus cake!! Has anyone else heard such amazing words than these???
This delicious cake is layers of chocolate goodness. The outside of the cake is covered in luscious creamy chocolate mousse while the inside consists of light chocolate cake layers and the same chocolate mousse. It’s like a match made in heaven!!
The recipe is also quick and easy! It’s fool proof! And with Valentine’s Day so close there’s not better excuse than to make this cake for your special loved one.
Clink the link to check out the video tutorial for this delicious recipe
Bindi’s Chocolate Mousse Cake
- 125g butter (softened or at room temp)
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 sour cream or greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups heaped plain flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (sifted)
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 200g dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream for whipping
- Freshly popped popcorn
- Dark Choc Chips
- Preheat oven to 185 degree and line the base and sides of an 8 inch cake tin with baking parchment paper.
- In a standard mixing bowl with the paddle attachment cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, milk, sour cream and vanilla extract. Mixing together after each addition.
- Slowly add the flour, cocoa powder and coffee granules. Mixing to combine
- In a small separate bowl combine the white wine vinegar and baking soda (this will bubble/ fizz). Add this to the cake mix.
- Mix to combine
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- To make the chocolate mousse, melt the chocolate and sugar together (I did mine over a Bain Marie)
- Add the cream and vanilla extract. Stir to combine until smooth then remove from the heat and set aside to cool
- Whip the cream until stiff peaks form and then add the chocolate mix.
- Gently stir to combine.
Assemble the cake:
- Once the cake has completely cool cut into thirds (it’s a layered cake so cut horizontal)
- Place the bottom layer straight onto the base you’ll be serving the cake on.
- Generously spread the mousse across the first layer of the cake.
- Place the middle layer of the cake on top of the mousse and again generously spread another layer of mousse on top of the cake.
- Place the top of the cake onto the assembled cake and completely cover with remaining chocolate mousse.
- Decorate your cake however you like- I used popcorn and choc chips. Chocolate shavings might also work well.
- Place in fridge and allow to set for an hour.
Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog/ recipe page!
I know it has been a while since my last post and I apologise for that however, to make up for my lapse in time I had made these delicious Double Choc Chip Cookies!
These cookies are quick, simple, easy and great for that sweet little treat inbetween meals- but don’t eat to many!
- 170g butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg and 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Instant espresso powder
- 1 tsp Bicarb soda
- 2 tsp Corn flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Flour
- 3/4 cup Dark Choc Chips
- 1/2 cup White Choc Chips
- In a standard mixing bowl with paddle attachment cream together the butter, brown sugar and caster sugar.
- Add in the vanilla extract, espresso, egg and egg yolk.
- In a separate bowl combine the bicarb, corn flour, salt and flour. Slowly add this to the wet mixture
- Combine until a soft dough forms.
- Fold in choc chips.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours (anywhere between 2 hours to overnight)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Using your hands, or a tablespoon, make balls from the dough and place evenly on the two trays leaving 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes.
This recipe will make approximately 24 cookies depending on how big your cookie balls are. Remember- the bigger the balls the more room you need to leave inbetween each cookie.
Trying out a new recipe following on from the Mini Matcha Cheesecakes I created earlier this year.
I love making Mini Cakes- not just because they look great- but because when it comes to eating them you’ve got your own little bite sized portion which is easier to eat, hold and in general a lot cleaner than cutting off a slice of cake.
– And when I say they look great I mean it. Look at my amazing cakes (not to self gloat) but they look great. Couldn’t be happier on how they turned out
Video Tutorial can be found at Mini Brownie Butter Cakes How to Tutorial (click the link)
- 140 g Dark Chocolate
- 50 g Butter
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Plain Flour
- 120 g Butter
- 100 g or 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 1/2 tbls Milk
- Preheat Oven to 170 degrees Fan Forced and lightly grease a muffin pan
- Melt the Chocolate and Butter over a Bain Marie
- Remove from heat, cool slightly and then add the brown sugar
- Mix to combine
- Add egg and mix straight away ensuring that the heat from the chocolate doesn’t cook then egg.
- Fold in the flour until combined
- Using a spoon add the brownie mixture into the bottom of all the muffin pans.
- Bake for 5 minutes
- Increase the temperature of the oven to 180 degrees
- In a standard mixing bowl with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition
- Combine the sifted flower and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Alternating between the flower mixture and the milk, add this to the butter mixture. Folding into the mixture- do not over beat
- Add a tsp of butter batter mixture on top of the brownies
- Bake for 15 minutes
Another healthy recipe to my collection I’m sharing with you my Zucchini, Banana and Choc Chip Muffin recipe!
Depending on what substitutes you use, these muffins only have 154 calories per muffin and 4 grams of protein! Great for breakfast or a snack.
Furthermore they’re quick, easy and cheap for those on a tight budget
- 2 medium size ripe Bananas-mashed
- 1 tsp Vegetable oil (healthier alternative use coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 2 Egg whites
- 1 cup grated Zucchini- 1 medium size
- 2 tbs applesauce
- 1/3 cup Greek Yoghurt or Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Bicarb Soda
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Choc Chips
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees and line a 12 cup muffin tin with liners. Spray inside the liners with non stick cooking spray
- In a standard mixing bowl with whisk attachment, combine mashed bananas, oil honey, vanilla and eggs.
- Mix until smooth
- While waiting for mixture, grate Zucchini and drain excess water by squeezing in hands over sink.
- Add zucchini, applesauce and yoghurt to banana batter and mix until just combined
- I made my own apple sauce. To do this I peeled 2 apples, sliced them into cubes and microwaved until soft. I then used a fork to mash them up- the same way I mashed the bananas.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, bicarb soda, and cinnamon
- Slowly add this to the zucchini and banana batter until just combined
- Fold in the choc chips
- Divided evenly in liners and bake for 15 minutes.
If your sweet tooth is anything like mine you’ll love this recipe! It’s two of my favourite desserts in one.
The recipe not only tastes great but it’s cheap, quick and easy to make. Just follow my step by step instructions and before you know it you’ll have a delicious dessert to enjoy after dinner (or a sneaky snack during the day)
- 1 packet Cream Cheese (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup White Chocolate Chips
Chocolate Brownie Mixture:
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 cup Cooking Chocolate or Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup white Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat Oven 170c Fan Forced
- Line a baking pan with baking paper- I used a 12 x 7 inch. 9 x 9 inch will also work
- In a standard mixing bowl with the paddle attachment, combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 egg.
- Beat until smooth and creamy
- Add 1 cup of white chocolate chips and set aside.
- Set up a Bain Marie on your stove top. Do this by filling a saucepan with water and setting a heatproof mixing bowl over the water- making sure the water doesn’t come into contact with the bowl. The water should be simmering.
- In the heatproof bowl combine the butter and the chocolate until well combined
- Turn off the gas/ heat to the bain marie
- Add 1/2 cup sugar and 2 eggs, stir to combine
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add this to the chocolate mixture. Stir to combine.
- Pour half of the chocolate mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Pour all of the cheesecake mixture on top of the chocolate mixture and spread to the edges
- Pour the remaining chocolate mixture onto the pan and spread. Swirl the mixture to give it a marble affect.
- Bake Cheesecake Brownies for 25 to 30 minutes. They’re cooked when the top is crinkled
Click here to see the ‘How to make Cheesecake Brownies” Video
Yum Yum Yum!! What a delight it was to make these delicious cakes!
I love green tea, and who wouldn’t. It’s nutritionally beneficial, full of antioxidants and many many other things which can be researched using Google.
And cheesecakes, who doesn’t love a cheesecake? Now mix these two power house foods together and you have a match made in heaven! They even look amazing, so bright and vibrant in colour.
The biggest tip I’m sharing with you when making these Cheesecakes is do not over mix the cheesecake batter after adding the sugar. Over mixing the batter causes the incorporation of air. Yes cheesecakes are suppose to be light and fluffy however there is always a limit for everything. My cheesecakes did crack but after adding the strawberry decorations you could not even tell
Also the taste of the matcha is strong so if you don’t like the taste of green tea these are not the cheesecakes for you.
Matcha Green Tea Mini Cheesecake Recipe;
- 135g (1 Cup) Crushed Oreo Cookies
- 2 Tbsp Butter, melted
- 2 x 250g Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 cup Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 12 Strawberries
- 100g White Chocolate, melted
Chocolate drizzle sauce
- 200g Dark chocolate, melted
- 25g Butter, melted
- 25g Brown sugar
- 125ml Cream
- Preheat oven to 180c (fan forced) and place bottoms into the Mini Cheesecake Cake tins.
- Using a food processor or bar mixer blitz Oreos until they resemble cookie crumbs
- Add the melted butter and mix to combine.
- Divide the mixture equally into each cup and press down making sure the cookie crumbs are flat and even in each cup
- Bake for 7 minutes
- Reduce the oven to 160c
- In a standard mixing bowl with the paddle attachment add the cream cheese and sugar.
- Mix until smooth- this should remove any lumps and bumps the cream cheese might create
- To the bowl add one egg at a time until just combined.
- At this stage it is important not to over mix the cheesecake batter because it will cause them to crack when baking
- Add 1 tsp vanilla extract, mix until just combined
- Add 2 tbsp Match and mix until just combined **do not over mix** Gently mix cheesecake batter with a spatula or spoon to incorporate ingredients if you think you might have over mixed.
- Scoop ~ 1 tbsp of batter into each cup, filling to the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes
- The cheesecakes must be completely cooled before removing them from the tin. I recommend putting then in the fridge for a couple of hours
- Melt the white chocolate in 30 second intervals (as shown in my Beetroot and Chocolate CupCake Tutorial on YouTube at 3:00min Beetroot and Chocolate CupCake Tutorial)
- Dip each strawberry in the white chocolate and place on top of each cheesecake
- For the Chocolate drizzle sauce combine all ingredients over a double boiler and mix until smooth. Similarly this can be done using a microwave in 30 second intervals.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the strawberries