Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog/ recipe page!
I know it has been a while since my last post and I apologise for that however, to make up for my lapse in time I had made these delicious Double Choc Chip Cookies!
These cookies are quick, simple, easy and great for that sweet little treat inbetween meals- but don’t eat to many!
- 170g butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg and 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Instant espresso powder
- 1 tsp Bicarb soda
- 2 tsp Corn flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Flour
- 3/4 cup Dark Choc Chips
- 1/2 cup White Choc Chips
- In a standard mixing bowl with paddle attachment cream together the butter, brown sugar and caster sugar.
- Add in the vanilla extract, espresso, egg and egg yolk.
- In a separate bowl combine the bicarb, corn flour, salt and flour. Slowly add this to the wet mixture
- Combine until a soft dough forms.
- Fold in choc chips.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours (anywhere between 2 hours to overnight)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Using your hands, or a tablespoon, make balls from the dough and place evenly on the two trays leaving 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes.
This recipe will make approximately 24 cookies depending on how big your cookie balls are. Remember- the bigger the balls the more room you need to leave inbetween each cookie.
If your sweet tooth is anything like mine you’ll love this recipe! It’s two of my favourite desserts in one.
The recipe not only tastes great but it’s cheap, quick and easy to make. Just follow my step by step instructions and before you know it you’ll have a delicious dessert to enjoy after dinner (or a sneaky snack during the day)
- 1 packet Cream Cheese (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup White Chocolate Chips
Chocolate Brownie Mixture:
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 cup Cooking Chocolate or Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup white Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat Oven 170c Fan Forced
- Line a baking pan with baking paper- I used a 12 x 7 inch. 9 x 9 inch will also work
- In a standard mixing bowl with the paddle attachment, combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 egg.
- Beat until smooth and creamy
- Add 1 cup of white chocolate chips and set aside.
- Set up a Bain Marie on your stove top. Do this by filling a saucepan with water and setting a heatproof mixing bowl over the water- making sure the water doesn’t come into contact with the bowl. The water should be simmering.
- In the heatproof bowl combine the butter and the chocolate until well combined
- Turn off the gas/ heat to the bain marie
- Add 1/2 cup sugar and 2 eggs, stir to combine
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add this to the chocolate mixture. Stir to combine.
- Pour half of the chocolate mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Pour all of the cheesecake mixture on top of the chocolate mixture and spread to the edges
- Pour the remaining chocolate mixture onto the pan and spread. Swirl the mixture to give it a marble affect.
- Bake Cheesecake Brownies for 25 to 30 minutes. They’re cooked when the top is crinkled
Click here to see the ‘How to make Cheesecake Brownies” Video
Yum Yum Yum!! What a delight it was to make these delicious cakes!
I love green tea, and who wouldn’t. It’s nutritionally beneficial, full of antioxidants and many many other things which can be researched using Google.
And cheesecakes, who doesn’t love a cheesecake? Now mix these two power house foods together and you have a match made in heaven! They even look amazing, so bright and vibrant in colour.
The biggest tip I’m sharing with you when making these Cheesecakes is do not over mix the cheesecake batter after adding the sugar. Over mixing the batter causes the incorporation of air. Yes cheesecakes are suppose to be light and fluffy however there is always a limit for everything. My cheesecakes did crack but after adding the strawberry decorations you could not even tell
Also the taste of the matcha is strong so if you don’t like the taste of green tea these are not the cheesecakes for you.
Matcha Green Tea Mini Cheesecake Recipe;
- 135g (1 Cup) Crushed Oreo Cookies
- 2 Tbsp Butter, melted
- 2 x 250g Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 cup Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 12 Strawberries
- 100g White Chocolate, melted
Chocolate drizzle sauce
- 200g Dark chocolate, melted
- 25g Butter, melted
- 25g Brown sugar
- 125ml Cream
- Preheat oven to 180c (fan forced) and place bottoms into the Mini Cheesecake Cake tins.
- Using a food processor or bar mixer blitz Oreos until they resemble cookie crumbs
- Add the melted butter and mix to combine.
- Divide the mixture equally into each cup and press down making sure the cookie crumbs are flat and even in each cup
- Bake for 7 minutes
- Reduce the oven to 160c
- In a standard mixing bowl with the paddle attachment add the cream cheese and sugar.
- Mix until smooth- this should remove any lumps and bumps the cream cheese might create
- To the bowl add one egg at a time until just combined.
- At this stage it is important not to over mix the cheesecake batter because it will cause them to crack when baking
- Add 1 tsp vanilla extract, mix until just combined
- Add 2 tbsp Match and mix until just combined **do not over mix** Gently mix cheesecake batter with a spatula or spoon to incorporate ingredients if you think you might have over mixed.
- Scoop ~ 1 tbsp of batter into each cup, filling to the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes
- The cheesecakes must be completely cooled before removing them from the tin. I recommend putting then in the fridge for a couple of hours
- Melt the white chocolate in 30 second intervals (as shown in my Beetroot and Chocolate CupCake Tutorial on YouTube at 3:00min Beetroot and Chocolate CupCake Tutorial)
- Dip each strawberry in the white chocolate and place on top of each cheesecake
- For the Chocolate drizzle sauce combine all ingredients over a double boiler and mix until smooth. Similarly this can be done using a microwave in 30 second intervals.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the strawberries