After my newly successful YouTube video Rey’s Instant Bread from Star Wars the Force Awakens (Click link to open) I have posted the recipe.
Rey’s instant bread, or portion bread, features with the junk traders on Jakku.
This recipe is quick, easy and delicious! Let me know what you think
- 1/2 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 4 tbsp Flour
- 1-1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp Matcha
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Place oil in a standard mug and swirl around to grease the inside. Use a pastry brush if you need.
- Add the Flour, Sugar, Matcha, Baking powder and salt into the mug
- Mix to combine
- Add Milk and Vanilla extract.
- Mix to combine **if the batter looks to dry add more milk
- Microwave on high for 45 secs
Yum Yum Yum!! What a delight it was to make these delicious cakes!
I love green tea, and who wouldn’t. It’s nutritionally beneficial, full of antioxidants and many many other things which can be researched using Google.
And cheesecakes, who doesn’t love a cheesecake? Now mix these two power house foods together and you have a match made in heaven! They even look amazing, so bright and vibrant in colour.
The biggest tip I’m sharing with you when making these Cheesecakes is do not over mix the cheesecake batter after adding the sugar. Over mixing the batter causes the incorporation of air. Yes cheesecakes are suppose to be light and fluffy however there is always a limit for everything. My cheesecakes did crack but after adding the strawberry decorations you could not even tell
Also the taste of the matcha is strong so if you don’t like the taste of green tea these are not the cheesecakes for you.
Matcha Green Tea Mini Cheesecake Recipe;
- 135g (1 Cup) Crushed Oreo Cookies
- 2 Tbsp Butter, melted
- 2 x 250g Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 cup Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 12 Strawberries
- 100g White Chocolate, melted
Chocolate drizzle sauce
- 200g Dark chocolate, melted
- 25g Butter, melted
- 25g Brown sugar
- 125ml Cream
- Preheat oven to 180c (fan forced) and place bottoms into the Mini Cheesecake Cake tins.
- Using a food processor or bar mixer blitz Oreos until they resemble cookie crumbs
- Add the melted butter and mix to combine.
- Divide the mixture equally into each cup and press down making sure the cookie crumbs are flat and even in each cup
- Bake for 7 minutes
- Reduce the oven to 160c
- In a standard mixing bowl with the paddle attachment add the cream cheese and sugar.
- Mix until smooth- this should remove any lumps and bumps the cream cheese might create
- To the bowl add one egg at a time until just combined.
- At this stage it is important not to over mix the cheesecake batter because it will cause them to crack when baking
- Add 1 tsp vanilla extract, mix until just combined
- Add 2 tbsp Match and mix until just combined **do not over mix** Gently mix cheesecake batter with a spatula or spoon to incorporate ingredients if you think you might have over mixed.
- Scoop ~ 1 tbsp of batter into each cup, filling to the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes
- The cheesecakes must be completely cooled before removing them from the tin. I recommend putting then in the fridge for a couple of hours
- Melt the white chocolate in 30 second intervals (as shown in my Beetroot and Chocolate CupCake Tutorial on YouTube at 3:00min Beetroot and Chocolate CupCake Tutorial)
- Dip each strawberry in the white chocolate and place on top of each cheesecake
- For the Chocolate drizzle sauce combine all ingredients over a double boiler and mix until smooth. Similarly this can be done using a microwave in 30 second intervals.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the strawberries