Well and truly over Easter and the amount of chocolate you have just ingested? Me too!!
So why not give this Strawberry Blueberry and Banana Bread a go?
It’s nutritious, healthy, tastes great and makes you feel so much better after eating all that chocolate!
There is three options for you to try; plain flour, whole wheat flour or gluten free flour! So the recipe accommodates for all different individuals!
FYI: the bread tastes the best straight out of the oven when it’s still warm! YUMMY!!! (please let it cool so you don’t burn yourself)
- 2 cups Flour; Whole Wheat Flour; Gluten Free Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Bicarb soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 large Egg whites (70g)
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Mashed Banana (2 medium bananas)
- 1/4 cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 1/4 cup Nonfat Milk
- 1/2 cup diced Strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180c (fan forced oven)
- Lightly grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan
- In a standard mixing bowl combine the sifted flour, baking powder, bicarb soda and salt. Set aside
- In a separate bowl whisk together the melted butter, egg whites and vanilla extract.
- To this add the mashed banana, Greek yogurt and honey
- Mix until well combined.
- Alternating between the Banana mixture and the milk, combine this to the flour mixture. Stirring until just combined each time
- Gently stir in the strawberries and blueberries until just combined
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 40 mins