Another healthy recipe to my collection I’m sharing with you my Zucchini, Banana and Choc Chip Muffin recipe!
Depending on what substitutes you use, these muffins only have 154 calories per muffin and 4 grams of protein! Great for breakfast or a snack.
Furthermore they’re quick, easy and cheap for those on a tight budget
- 2 medium size ripe Bananas-mashed
- 1 tsp Vegetable oil (healthier alternative use coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 2 Egg whites
- 1 cup grated Zucchini- 1 medium size
- 2 tbs applesauce
- 1/3 cup Greek Yoghurt or Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Bicarb Soda
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Choc Chips
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees and line a 12 cup muffin tin with liners. Spray inside the liners with non stick cooking spray
- In a standard mixing bowl with whisk attachment, combine mashed bananas, oil honey, vanilla and eggs.
- Mix until smooth
- While waiting for mixture, grate Zucchini and drain excess water by squeezing in hands over sink.
- Add zucchini, applesauce and yoghurt to banana batter and mix until just combined
- I made my own apple sauce. To do this I peeled 2 apples, sliced them into cubes and microwaved until soft. I then used a fork to mash them up- the same way I mashed the bananas.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, bicarb soda, and cinnamon
- Slowly add this to the zucchini and banana batter until just combined
- Fold in the choc chips
- Divided evenly in liners and bake for 15 minutes.