Trying out a new recipe following on from the Mini Matcha Cheesecakes I created earlier this year.
I love making Mini Cakes- not just because they look great- but because when it comes to eating them you’ve got your own little bite sized portion which is easier to eat, hold and in general a lot cleaner than cutting off a slice of cake.
– And when I say they look great I mean it. Look at my amazing cakes (not to self gloat) but they look great. Couldn’t be happier on how they turned out
Video Tutorial can be found at Mini Brownie Butter Cakes How to Tutorial (click the link)
- 140 g Dark Chocolate
- 50 g Butter
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Plain Flour
- 120 g Butter
- 100 g or 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 1/2 tbls Milk
- Preheat Oven to 170 degrees Fan Forced and lightly grease a muffin pan
- Melt the Chocolate and Butter over a Bain Marie
- Remove from heat, cool slightly and then add the brown sugar
- Mix to combine
- Add egg and mix straight away ensuring that the heat from the chocolate doesn’t cook then egg.
- Fold in the flour until combined
- Using a spoon add the brownie mixture into the bottom of all the muffin pans.
- Bake for 5 minutes
- Increase the temperature of the oven to 180 degrees
- In a standard mixing bowl with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition
- Combine the sifted flower and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Alternating between the flower mixture and the milk, add this to the butter mixture. Folding into the mixture- do not over beat
- Add a tsp of butter batter mixture on top of the brownies
- Bake for 15 minutes
If your sweet tooth is anything like mine you’ll love this recipe! It’s two of my favourite desserts in one.
The recipe not only tastes great but it’s cheap, quick and easy to make. Just follow my step by step instructions and before you know it you’ll have a delicious dessert to enjoy after dinner (or a sneaky snack during the day)
- 1 packet Cream Cheese (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup White Chocolate Chips
Chocolate Brownie Mixture:
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 cup Cooking Chocolate or Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup white Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat Oven 170c Fan Forced
- Line a baking pan with baking paper- I used a 12 x 7 inch. 9 x 9 inch will also work
- In a standard mixing bowl with the paddle attachment, combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 egg.
- Beat until smooth and creamy
- Add 1 cup of white chocolate chips and set aside.
- Set up a Bain Marie on your stove top. Do this by filling a saucepan with water and setting a heatproof mixing bowl over the water- making sure the water doesn’t come into contact with the bowl. The water should be simmering.
- In the heatproof bowl combine the butter and the chocolate until well combined
- Turn off the gas/ heat to the bain marie
- Add 1/2 cup sugar and 2 eggs, stir to combine
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add this to the chocolate mixture. Stir to combine.
- Pour half of the chocolate mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Pour all of the cheesecake mixture on top of the chocolate mixture and spread to the edges
- Pour the remaining chocolate mixture onto the pan and spread. Swirl the mixture to give it a marble affect.
- Bake Cheesecake Brownies for 25 to 30 minutes. They’re cooked when the top is crinkled
Click here to see the ‘How to make Cheesecake Brownies” Video